Here is a list of costs that you need to consider when obtaining a new website, from start to finish.
Hosting & Domain Names
Before you can have a website, you need a domain name. The domain name is the website address for your site. For example, ours is morsoft.net. You can buy this from a wide variety of suppliers, or ask your web developers to source it for you. You can buy a domain name for a period of time, before it needs renewing again.
Similarly, hosting is also an ongoing cost. You need to pay this for your site to be hosted on a server. Think of it as rent you pay for your website to ‘live’ on a server. Without this, your website is not connected to the Internet.
If you’re aiming for a bespoke website built from scratch; before you even see a first draft of your website, there are hours put in by the designers, web developers, and project managers to ensure they can create a site that will work to your objective. Frameworks, initial design concepts, and functionality all need to be drafted. Once these concepts are signed off, work can begin on building the finished product.
Design & Content
You need to consider the content that will be included in your website. Do you already have content, or will it need to be created? This can cover anything from copy through to videos and images for your site. Anything that requires work to be done by a designer, copywriter, or photographer will increase the overall cost of your design.
There are a huge amount of functionalities that can be added into your website, each helping you to succeed different objectives. Here’s a non-exhaustive list of some of the features you might want to consider adding, all of which can add to the cost of a website build.
• Responsive design – This allows your site to be resized accordingly to the device it is being viewed on. This is an important feature as Google now penalizes sites that are not mobile-friendly.
• Content Management System – CMS allows you to log in to the back end of your site and manage content on your site, including page copy and blogs.
• Login Portals – If you want members to be able to log in to place orders, or see information, a login portal needs to be built to your specifications.
• Social Integration – You can integrate social feeds into your website so your users can see the most up to date information about what is happening in your company.
• Parallax – This creates animated backgrounds for your website, which move separately to the content. This is one of the latest trends in website design, and gives your site a professional look.
• E-commerce – In order to take payments online you need some kind of e-commerce functionality.
See our price list to have an idea of the cost of your new site or contact us now to see how we can get you new site live on the internet.
And save you …..